Our plan was to head into Pecks Marina (where Colette and Cara spent the last two nights) before the wind picked up as it usually does and we would ride heavy waves in our dinghy. Out of bed by 09:00, got our life jackets, empty propane tank, and garbage loaded into the dinghy. Manoeuvring around islands watching the hand held GPS for depth and rocks. We tied up to French Kiss and carried on with our mission of dropping the garbage, getting propane and showers. Pecks Marina doesn't supply propane any longer so it was a fifteen minute walk to the local KOA camp ground....Ivy Lea KOA is the best in Ontario and the best I have ever seen in my life. I think my praise for the place got me a lift back in their golf cart with my heavy tank... :)
The Purolator truck arrived with the solenoid French Kiss was waiting for just as we finished our showers. Henry from Pecks immediately installed it and French Kiss was anchored next to us once again. An anchor drink (traditional drink wherever you anchor or dock) and back to BoomDeYada for shrimp on the barbie. Swam in the 75 degree water, chatted and sat down to our curry chicken dinner.
That nights Scrabble game exposed a situation that is not covered in the rules...penalizing someone who knowingly or unknowingly (we may never know) turns a tile over to appear as a blank, but not once, two phony blanks already on the board and two more in her set of tiles. Since there were no more tiles left in the kitty and this person was winning, we deemed it an immediate disqualification...good laughs!
No wind this morning, all the boats in this anchorage are pointing in every direction...with wind all the boats point into the wind at anchor.
It was the hottest day so far, no work on the boat today! We prepared a picnic lunch and went exploring in the dinghy's,
stopped for our picnic lunch,
and lazed (napped) on the deck of our boats soaking up the sun. Later, steaks and left-over curry chicken for dinner and packed in early at 22:30.
In the evening sun, I sit here on the bow seat, the boat behind me, my feet dangle out over the secondary anchor, Genesis-Selling England by the Pound playing from the cockpit, rum in hand, I think about the great area of the world we live in...the beauty of Mother Nature. We still have the odd speed boat and sea-doo pass by and the cigarette boat I can hear a mile away but aside from those distractions it's very peaceful here. A Loon swims in front of me, lifts his leg out of the water and shakes it in the air...I wave back and laugh. Thoughts turn to our friends and family, we miss them and as our lives continue I hope they are missing us as well. This world is just awesome. Our boat name, BoomDeYada, was suggested by my brother Rick and Linda.... I thought it was bang on!
Later, steaks and left-over curry chicken for dinner and packed in early at 22:30.
Cheers
Dwayne & Julie
sv BoomDeYada
MMSI# 316026055
Skype: dwayne.sadler or Julia.sadler
Dave and I are enjoying the blog! We miss you too and can understand the appreciation of nature and peacefulness all around us. We are sitting on the deck, enjoying morning coffee and reading your notes with Rocky at our feet and grateful for the freedom to live in such an extraordinary place. Wishing you all the best guys. ;-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're off to a good start. I been reading every post and enjoying your adventure. Right on guys! Enjoy!
ReplyDelete