Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Waiting by Treasure Island

Up early by Treasure Island....seems to me we are adjusting our sleep times. As we monitor our power consumption, we, like many other cruisers, go to bed at sunset and wake at sunrise...why waste power and one of the nicest times of the day...although I haven't seen a sunrise yet this trip.

We anticipated the package from the water-maker company would have arrive at their affiliate this morning; it did not. Doug, at this end, said it will probably arrive late this afternoon. He was right, at 4:45pm he emailed me that it just arrived, I called immediately, but he was leaving to go home; We will now pickup at 9:15am tomorrow...A beautiful day that could have been spent in the 1000 Islands. We make the most of it, swimming, eating and cleaning/organizing the boat....it's taking shape. This week we need to wax the hull!

Since we are the only boat in this anchorage, we have practically eliminated additional dirty laundry...if you know what I mean.

My 'honey dew' pot is now a Tupperware container with several items for my project list. The goal is to empty the container. Other cruisers estimate 20% of the time is working on the boat - fixing, cleaning, maintaining. I would concur so far.

We ran the genie (5 Kilo-Watt onboard generator powered by another diesel engine - 3 cylinder Westerbeke) earlier today to bring the batteries up to 92%....still working out the routine of keeping our batteries topped up...we also vacuum, heated the hot water tank (5 gallon tank also heated by running the main engine) and charged our computer electronics. I shut the genie down and made dinner (BBQ'd turkey thighs) while Julie continue to clean and organize. After dinner I rowed the dinghy along side Julie as she went for an energetic swim.

In bed, by 9:00pm and lights out at 9:30....another great day, almost a week has flown by already.

Cheers
Dwayne & Julie
sv BoomDeYada
MMSI# 316026055
Skype: dwayne.sadler or Julia.sadler

No comments:

Post a Comment