Friday, November 16, 2012

Winterizing the Morgan for the first time

Toronto, ON - This will be a challenge...a new bigger boat with many more valves, lines and appliances to winterize...a lot to figure out before the freezing temperatures get here. I'm in contact with the previous owner, David, who has helped somewhat but has never had the need to winterize down in North Carolina. 

I've been going through the manuals that David has kept on the boat, all nicely labelled and neat...what a blessing! We'll see how it goes, but I'm sure I will learn something the hard way in the Spring, and at a cost. :( I'll need more plumbing anti-freeze!!!

My cousin, Ted, with a Niagara 42, has offered to help me winterize. He plans to go South soon as well with many of the same appliances aboard his sailboat.

It took a few visits to her but I think I finally have plumbing anti-freeze everywhere it should be...fingers crossed!

1 comment: